The MySQL Database Architect will be responsible for installing, configuring, administering and maintaining MySQL to support business needs and application development, utilizing strong technical, communications and prioritization skills. This individual will coordinate, review, analyze and approve the physical database requirements of MySQL databases and all associated objects; such as, but not limited to tables, views, and indexes. This person will ensure Database security, optimum performance of databases, backup & recovery and disaster recovery. This position is expected to establish and provide oversight for various databases to ensure optimum performance, reliability, recoverability and stability across production, test, development, and QA environments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain MySQL database structures in test, quality assurance, and production environments utilizing current standards and procedures.
- Provide performance-related support and systems related support for MySQL data structures in production, test, development, and QA environments utilizing current tool sets.
- Provide support on all the stages of database implementation and/or database related deployments
- Installation of new MySQL instances, applying necessary patches and version upgrades.
- Run diagnostic tools to identify database performance bottlenecks, and take appropriate corrective actions to improve database performance. Work with development teams to tune SQL queries.
- Ensure database connectivity requirements are met and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Responsible for capacity planning and installation of database software, including upgrade and patch management.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure the database integrity and security.
- Troubleshoot MySQL performance and non-performance related issues either independently or in conjunction with other DBAs.
- Maintain existing MySQL environments, including large replication environments and mid-sized High Availability environments.
- Manage backup/recovery for MySQL instances and provide Disaster Recovery (DR) support.
- Management of database and resource capacity planning.
- Implement and enforce database security based upon best practice, industry regulations, and company policies.
- Participate in project meetings, as necessary, to understand application and database requirements.
- Utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-7 years' experience in a MySQL DBA role
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with the design, creation and maintenance of database engine and it's structures
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with the development and revision of database standards, procedures and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to architect application relationships.
- Data element analysis experience.
- Experience with MySQL Clustering configuration, setup and maintenance.
- Experience with High Availability MySQL environments.
- Experience using PERL for database maintenance and interaction.
- Experience with MySQL in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Expert in SQL language
- Experience in one or more scripting languages; Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby
- Java experience is a plus
- Experience is agile development environments is plus
- Experience in reporting and data mining technologies is a plus
- Passionate about data and making sense out of data
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and adapt to changing needs
- Organized, detail oriented and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
MedAllies is based in Fishkill, New York. For immediate consideration, please click here to apply to any of our openings: Apply to MedAllies!