The primary functions of the DevOps Engineer are to work collaboratively with the Agile Team to deploy and operate our systems, automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and to troubleshoot and resolve issues in our production and non-production environments.
The position also entails administration, configuration, monitoring and updating of enterprise servers, application/OS upgrades, performance tuning, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning and change management.
- Perform complex systems administration.
- Automate tasks to improve efficiency and ensure repeatability.
- Configure and manage orchestration servers with an ongoing push for continuous improvement.
- Support and manage zero-downtime updates to production systems.
- Identify and evaluate new technology solutions for improving overall datacenter operations, and make appropriate recommendations for implementation.
- Ensure thorough compliance with internal security procedures, industry security standards, and accepted best practices related to security.
- Includes Linux engineering, heavy scripting, tooling and automation, develop CI/CD pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science) required.
- Linux+ preferred.
- Certified Jenkins, Docker, DevOps Engineer preferred.
- Apache Tomcat
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Ansible/Playbooks/Ansible Tower, Salt, Puppet, Chef
- Jenkins, TeamCity, Go CD, Bamboo, GitLab CI
- Storage Technologies
- SCM – Git, GitHub, Bitbucket
- AWS, Azure, Cloud
- 5+ Years of experience as a Linux Administrator in a high-availability environment
- 2+ years of experience as DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Ansible for orchestration and system state compliance
- Experience with monitoring and analytics tools - Nagios, Cacti, Splunk
- Experience with mission-critical SaaS production environments preferred
- Experience with VMware Virtual servers and infrastructures
- Strong Linux and scripting abilities in Python, Bash or Perl
- Background in Software Development (C++ and Java Preferred)
- Experience managing the full SDLC with Agile/Scrum framework
- General knowledge of hardware, networking, and databases
- Computer Science Fundamental Knowledge (problem solving, data structures)
- Basic database administration preferred.
MedAllies is based in Fishkill, New York. For immediate consideration, please click here to apply to any of our openings: Apply to MedAllies!