The IT Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MedAllies technology infrastructure. The IT Administrator implements, configures, manages, and maintains all hardware, including servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, networking equipment, telecommunications (including cell phones), and other peripherals (i.e. printers and LCD projectors), application software, operating systems , anti-virus, server backups, and other business tools. The position occasionally performs work with external organizations that have a relationship with MedAllies.
The position provides exceptional customer service to the staff of MedAllies, MedAllies clients, and external organizations that have a relationship with MedAllies.
- Manage, configure, monitor, and maintain all hardware.
- Manage, configure, monitor and maintain all software.
- Manage, configure, monitor, and maintain LAN and WAN.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate security measures across all systems, including security rights, anti-virus protection, and system encryption.
- Researches, recommends, and assists with procurement of IT services, support, hardware, and software.
- Responsible for managing all service and support contracts for IT hardware, software, and services.
- Maintains a current inventory of all technology assets (hardware and software).
- Works with Finance to manage assets for financial purposes (depreciation, capital budget expenses, etc.).
- Assists in the planning of changes in IT infrastructure, with minimal impact to the core business functions of the organization.
- Provides recommendations to Human Resources on policies and procedures, with respect to IT (i.e.: e-mail, confidentiality, etc.).
- Creates and maintains comprehensive technical documentation on the organizationís IT infrastructure.
- Recommends new solutions to meet goals of the IT Division and MedAllies.
- Maintains industry knowledge by researching information via the Internet, reading industry journals, attending seminars/conferences, etc.
- Assists Operations with one-time/special IT requirements (internal office moves, company meetings, offsite events, etc.).
- Assist all staff with IT issues, including training, support, and general questions regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively, as a team member and independently, with all levels and types of staff, throughout the organization.
- Ability to travel to client locations and MedAllies data centers.
- Documents all work in a timely manner.
- Assists with data center maintenance and server provisioning.
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or similar field required
- MSCE and A+ certification preferred
- CCNA preferred
- 3 years in a similar position
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2013 or later)
- Office 365
- Windows Server (2008 or later)
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Group Policy
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP (v4) and Routing
- Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services
- Apple Mac Administration
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8 and 8.1, 10 Pro)
- Microsoft Office Professional Ė all applications (2013 or later)
- Microsoft Print Services
- Windows Server Backup
- Cisco Routers / Firewalls / WiFi / VPN
- Cisco and Sonicwall Firewalls / VPN
- FTP (FileZilla Server and Client), TFTP
- Endpoint Encryption
- VOIP Services
- VMware ESXi / vSphere
- QuickBooks (2013 or later)
- Apple iPhone / iPad
MedAllies is based in Fishkill, New York. For immediate consideration, please click here to apply to any of our openings: Apply to MedAllies!