The SysOps Manager will administer and oversee implementation, organization, and troubleshooting of MedAllies’ complete infrastructure. This position is responsible for critical systems engineering functions such as monitoring, site reliability, performance, and support. A successful candidate will have a deep background in administration, performance, and troubleshooting. A service oriented mindset and problem solving abilities are key. This is leadership role with direct reports and individual contributor responsibilities.
This role will provide leadership, direction and coordination for the organization, delivery of business systems enhancements and process improvements to support the operational needs of MedAllies. Ensure system business rules and processes align with the strategic need of each institution and leads enhancement request process for each system Build roadmaps, create standard operating procedures, lead stand-ups, coach engineers, and get in the weeds to achieve established goals.
- Responsible for the implementation and support of multiple data centers, including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Internet access, network security, remote access solutions and authentication platforms.
- Ensures key business systems align with current business process and organizational need.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of development, test, production, and DR environments, including backup and log management, system monitoring, and user management.
- Designs, implements, installs, and troubleshoots network infrastructure.
- Implements and supports network security solutions such as firewalls and IPS appliances in accordance with best practices.
- Works with business partners and IT personnel to identify business requirements and system development specifications for business changes and enhancement requests.
- Resolves issues by working with cross-departmental teams, customer support, application developers, vendor IT contacts, network and database administrators.
- Performs systems and equipment technology assessment, system performance analysis, system integration planning, specification development, test and evaluation, and system concept, formulation, design and analysis.
- Provides administration services to internal and external customers, including development team on both physical and virtual servers.
- Develops strategic and tactical plans for each department to ensure synergies and that processes are standardized to meet MedAllies’ goals and objectives.
- Supports Policy by ensuring system compliance with Federal, State and Institutional regulations.
- Assists in the planning and development of new technology to improve performance and productivity.
- Researches reported issues with processes and translates into enhancements as needed.
- Submits monthly/quarterly reports to leadership on systems enhancements.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends hardware and software solutions
- Solves complex problem situations and participates in the identification of opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures, or tools.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is created for any business system process updates.
- Coordinates development of training material for any new/changed business process flows within key systems.
- Establishes service standards and metrics to measure service delivery and ensures that staff knows and understand their responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and mentoring of the network and IT administrators.
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive working relationships with all operations departments, IT and other groups.
- CA and RA Administration responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field required.
- MSCE and CCNA certifications preferred.
MedAllies is based in Fishkill, New York. For immediate consideration, please click here to apply to any of our openings: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=medallies&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
- 5-7 years in a similar position
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2013 or later)
- Windows Server (2008 or later)
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Group Policy
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP (v4) and Routing
- Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services
- Datacenter Operations
- Network Security
- Disaster Recovery
- Linux Administration
- VMWare 6.X Administrator
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8 and 8.1, 10)
- Microsoft Office Professional – all applications (2013 or later)
- ESET Endpoint Administration
- Firewall Management
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- F5 Load Balancers
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Dell Storage
- AWS/Cloud experience a plus
- Must be an extremely organized, highly-motivated self-starter, with excellent attention to detail.
- Must have exceptional multi-tasking skills.