The Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the MedAllies technology infrastructure. The Systems Administrator implements, configures, manages, and maintains all hardware, including servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, networking equipment, telecommunications (including cell phones), and other peripherals (i.e. printers and LCD projectors), application software, operating systems , anti-virus, server backups, and other business tools. The position occasionally performs work with external organizations that have a relationship with MedAllies.
The position provides exceptional customer service to the staff of MedAllies, MedAllies clients, and external organizations that have a relationship with MedAllies.
- Manages, configure, monitors, and maintains all hardware.
- Manages, configures, monitors, and maintains all software.
- Manages, configures, monitors, and maintains LAN and WAN.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate security measures across all systems, including privileges, anti-virus protection, and system encryption.
- Researches, recommends, and assists with procurement of IT services, support, hardware, and software.
- Responsible for managing all service and support contracts for IT hardware, software, and services.
- Maintains a current inventory of all technology assets (hardware and software).
- Works with Finance to manage assets for financial purposes (depreciation, capital budget expenses, etc.).
- Assists in the planning of changes in IT infrastructure, with minimal impact to the core business functions of the organization.
- Provides recommendations to Human Resources on policies and procedures, with respect to IT (i.e.: e-mail, confidentiality, etc.).
- Creates and maintains comprehensive technical documentation on the organizationís IT infrastructure.
- Assists the Support Center as needed, in the role of Tier 2 support.
- Recommends new solutions to meet goals of the IT Division and MedAllies.
- Maintains industry knowledge by researching information via the Internet, reading industry journals, attending seminars/conferences, etc.
- Assists Operations with one-time/special IT requirements (internal office moves, company meetings, offsite events, etc.).
- Assist all staff with IT issues, including training, support, and general questions regarding hardware, software, and networking.
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- MSCE and A+ certification preferred
- CCNA preferred
- CISSP preferred
- 3-5 years in a similar position
- F5 Networks load balancer or similar technologies
- Office 365 and Azure administration
- Linux (CentOS/REHL)
- Windows Server (2008 or later)
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Group Policy
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP (v4) and Routing
- Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services
- Apple Mac Administration
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8 and 8.1, 10 Pro)
- Microsoft Office Professional Ė all applications (2013 or later)
- Microsoft Print Services
- Windows Server Backup
- Cisco Routers / Firewalls / WiFi / VPN
- Sonicwall Firewalls / VPN
- FTP (FileZilla Server and Client), TFTP
- Endpoint Encryption
- VOIP Services
- VMware ESXi / vSphere
- QuickBooks (2013 or later)
- Apple iPhone / iPad
MedAllies is based in Fishkill, New York. For immediate consideration, please click here to apply to any of our openings: Apply to MedAllies!